One of the fun things about this project (trying to keep on the bright side here) is pulling out walls and making discoveries about how the room is built. I've learned a few things such as why there was black paint striped along the walls (it's so that the white drywall doesn't show through the seams of paneling). Today we decided to pull out a section of wall to see how it was constructed and we found our outside brick wall. It's a bit funny to see and we found a pipe sticking out of the wall. Not sure what it is for but we found it. Fortunately the insect infestation seems to stop at the brick which is a very good thing (yet again my attempt at remaining positive).
I think we have come to an agreement on what we want to do with the room in terms of rebuilding (although there still seems to be some argument as to ownership of the room once it is built). The room currently has six large (4'x4') windows and an exterior door. We are planning on leaving the exterior door but cutting the windows back to three windows, putting one window in the upper right hand corner of the room and the other two windows starting at that corner and coming out towards the center of the yard side wall. That will leave three perfectly good corners for putting in shelves, adding counters and arranging furniture (such as some comfy couches for inviting friends over to sit and knit or quilt or simply to chat). Although, there is this argument of ownership. I see the room as a perfect knitting, spinning and quilting space. Mr. KCW sees it as a perfect brewing space. I think it is far too large of a room for simply brewing and he would be better served using the current room which we call a hobby room, but could easily be converted into his perfect little brew spot.
In the news of knitting I'm working on (yet again) the Clapotis by Kate Gilbert. Hopefully this one will not have any mistakes so the dropped stitches will truly drop. So far I am finding it very soothing as the rhythm is almost waltz-like. I've finished 3 repeats of the straight section and I'm loving dropping stitches. This is helping me keep my calm in the evenings and isn't making me think too much (as I have to with my Pea Vine Shawl by Anne Hanson). I'm working the Clapotis using Madeline Tosh Merino Light in the gorgeous shade of Ink (I think it's appropriate for me). Hopefully I'll post pictures soon.