I finally got around to sending pictures from my phone to my e-mail so I could put them on my computer so I could share them with you. (Aren't you just so excited?) So in case you have never seen a house that has been eaten from the inside out by termites, the picture on the right is what it looks like. Not very pretty. And this is one of the better parts.
About the only thing that is usable from the entire room are the windows and the doors. As far as we can tell the roof structure is still in good condition and isn't infested. We'll find out as we dig into it. but all the walls, siding, insulation and weather barrier is completely shot.
Here's a picture of where we have started the demolition process.
For now the plan is to get down to where we can start over. We are thinking about moving one of the windows down to the end you are currently looking at. That will give us windows on all three sides. We'll have to see, though. Essentially we have a 12'x21' space that we get to play with.
I'll post more later as we get moving on this venture. For now I get to go talk to another contractor.