Saturday, March 20, 2010

Writing Prompt Saturday #1


While I was walking on the beach yesterday, I came up with a great idea. What if my character were to walk on my beach? What would s/he think about it? How would s/he act? What would s/he do? This beach is totally different from what my MC is used to so I thought it would be fun to do a writing exercise with him on my beach. I also thought that this might be a good writing exercise for other authors. Then I started thinking about other ideas as writing prompts and decided that each Saturday I am going to post a writing prompt each Saturday.

This week's prompt: Have your character come to your time and your city (even if this is a temporal and spatial anomaly). Write it in first person so your character can talk to you. What does your character think of where you live?

Let me know what you think and how this exercise worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment