Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh my spinning head!

I can't believe it has been several weeks since I posted something. I was going along fairly well and then life hit me. Since my last post I have:

1. Bought a new car
2. Dealt with all the issues of buying a new car (insurance, tags, and yelling at people to get their stuff out of my brand new car)
3. Spent way too much time driving in my brand new car (maybe I need satellite radio for the house as well)
4. Discovering BBC Radio 1 (see above)
5. Sewing
6. Knit Dan a pair of socks
7. Kicking a computer that decided to die on me
8. Kicking a second computer that decided to die on me
9. Working a medieval event
10. Doing some much neglected calligraphy and illumination
11. Forgetting to do my Wii Fit
12. Rereading J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series (why when I have a huge stack of books beside my bed that haven't had a first reading yet?)
13. Knit me a pair of socks
14. Started another pair of socks for Dan
15. Taught several really good classes at JoAnn
16. Baked some really good bread
17. Finished a pair of socks I'm trading for hand thrown pottery whorls for drop spindles.

So you ask me, "Lorna, where is the part about writing?" Well, that would be there isn't anything to report on that front. I've been so busy that I haven't had the time nor the energy to actually write and with two dead computers (one of which has several of my partial works on that need retrieving - and are retrievable, it just has to be done) I haven't had the motivation to go back and edit the second two books in my witch series. Although, I did have a fantastic "ah-ha" moment this week. I was smart enough to write it down in my notebooks. I'm hoping tomorrow that I will actually sit down and figure out what is missing in my witch series. There is this big gaping hole in the middle of the second book that I keep skirting around. Maybe if I drive around in my car for a while I'll figure it out.

P.S. I have discovered a brand new thrill - having Google spell check say "No spelling errors were identified." It's the little things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment